Sunday, February 3, 2008

I'm rearranging everything. Will look pretty again tomorrow.

Here are the old posts:

February 3, 2008

No rest for the weary.. or is there

Sorry I haven’t really written. Funny enough I have been busy. I took a week to develop a pattern for a messenger bag, and finally got materials and cut the fabric.

Then… I broke the needle on my machine.

So, hopefully by the end of the week I will have a new bag to premiere. I’m ecstatic, just bummed about the needle.

Other than that, we’ve been setting up the apartment to be more homey.

It’s late, I’m tired. More updates later.

January 28, 2008
So, I have of course been pretty obsessed with wallets. What’s new right? So let’s see what is new.

I made an actual blog versus adding text to a web page.

I have continued reading this blog “Jenna Lou Loves You” and then mulled around reading more knitter’s blogs, and of course makes me want to get into knitting that much more Who knew I would like all these crafty things so much. Eh.

What else, the myspace page is up and coming… I hope?

Other than that, shopping online for some new fabrics and very excited about the prospects.

That’s it for now. I’m off to explore craftster.


January 25, 2008

Just when I think I am ecstatic over one pattern, I go nuts
thinking of a dozen more. So, this is me thinking of yet
another pattern. Newest development? 3 pocket fold
wallet. I made a black and purple one recently, and then
thought I would add some pizazz so to speak.
This idea will definitely explode into a lot more in a matter
of minutes.

More on the development front…journals. I’m obsessed
with journals and will be exploring designs worthy of hitting
the cover of journals. Who doesn’t love all of those
notebooks you see in stores. Well now I’m going to make
them.

But, back to focus..wallets, wallets, wallets.

January 24, 2008

i made my ambitious no pattern hidden bill wallet I have
been thinking about. I’m excited it is done and will be
making another to perfect stitching, and size. Can’t
believe I have gone crazy over wallets.

So basically there is a pocket next to the strap where you
can put bills, change and whatever other stuff you so
please. After testing it out, I’m pretty in love with the idea
of it and will experiment further.

Next thought? I’m featured on today’s showcases in hopes
of moving things along. I’m not sure how else to promote
myself. I will continue to make more wallets in hopes of
getting out that way.
I’m also going to explore knitting, and continue my idea of
cards, and screen printing, oh and journal making, oh and
zines. Oh… my gosh… that’s a lot of stuff all at once.
screen printed tees, and cards, but one thing at a time.

January 19, 2008

For those of you who do come to Gigalea you probably
never know what to expect. I change the layout every week
depending on my latest mood and what I think will appeal
best to the eyes. I’m pretty stuck on this layout so that may
be good news for everyone who always says “Am I at the
right page?”

News at the sewing table… I am opening my etsy store this
week. Go as soon as you can. Before you know I’ll have

January 17, 2008

Here I go feeding my addictions, and went and bought 4
more yards of fabric. Cute patterns coming up. I made a
bifold credit card wallet, you can see above. I will start doing
long bifold checkbook holders later. The tutorial on the
wallets will be up as soon as I can. I’d like to actually put
templates to follow vs. a quick how to. (More to come…until
then just keep coming back!)

January 14, 2008

I bought new quarters of fabric (above) to continue to
attempt my new wallet fascination. I stayed up late, what’s
new right?, to make a new pattern for a checkbook wallet. I
will start cutting pieces today and hope to have something
posted by the end of the night after the day job.

If it’s successful I will post a tutorial on them. If not, back to
the drawing board then.

January 13, 2008

Today, I decided. I have too many ideas and not enough
hours in the day. Why sleep anymore when I simply have
too many thoughts? Eh, I guess I’ll sleep on it. :)

I joined some new sites that are craft oriented in hopes of
swapping new ideas since that is our motive here at gigalea
anyway. With the weather still chilly outside, and allergies in
the air there’s no better reason to stay in and make more
stuff to feature on gigalea.

No comments: